Skip to main content

Dear Rude Man

Dear Rude Panera Man,

I was walking into Panera the other day. I was behind you and thought for sure you would hold the door open for me. Not because I'm a woman or playing the cancer card but because, you know, common decency and all.
But you didnt.
I gave you the benefit of the doubt.
Clearly maybe you didn't see that there was a person entering behind you (even though my tween boys know to look and hold the door but whatever. Benefit of the doubt)
But when you went in the second door and saw me, you didn't even attempt to hold it while I followed behind you. You actually let it close. In my face.
Why you gotta be so rude song popped into my head but because I'm Miss Zen now I thought maybe you were deep in thought about some sick person or a really really crappy thing happened to you earlier and you just weren't being yourself.

But then

THEN

The nice Panera man called out your name and handed you your meal.
"Have a nice day  and I hope you enjoy your meal" he says to you.
But no Mr Rude Panera man, you could not even muster up a thank you.
Not even a soft smile.

What has happened to this world rude Panera man?
I get we all have crap going on in our lives.
 Believe me. I get this first hand.
But through my crap I still am kind to others.
You know why?
Because it's the decent thing to do.
(And my Dad was kind and I like to think he passed that onto me and I can carry on his goodness)

And if you tried it you may realize it may make you feel kind of good.

Let the car go in front of you when you are not in a rush.
Put the shopping cart back for the a-hole who didn't do it themselves (that's a whole blog entry in itself)
Wish everyone you come in contact with a nice day.
If you have so  much sh@# going on in this world Panera man that you can't even wish the man who made your lunch a nice day,,
 well than,
 you should have eaten at home.

Comments