Skip to main content

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday.

I have fond memories of family at my parents house.
Lots of relatives.
The smell of my Mom's "famous" stuffing (Famous only perhaps amongst me and my brother)
My cousin and my Dad would play cribbage after the meal while my the "women" sat around the table and gossiped.
I'm pretty sure the rest of the group watched football.

I took over the hosting job a year before my Dad died.

It was getting to be a lot of work for my Mom (I say my Mom because my Dad's big job was peeling potatoes and carving the turkey)

(My Mom was famous for 10 shops to the market, feeling stressed day of not knowing what time the turkey should go in and then most likely forgetting something causing my brother or I to run out to the only convenient store that was open )

(Shout out to Tedeschi's in Newton MA)

I would be called over to the house on Tuesday (sometimes Monday and on occasion a Sunday) to set the table.
So now I get the 10 trips to the market and the stress of figuring out what time the turkey should go in.

We are now 7 days pre holiday.
Hosting for 16 and I, WITHOUT A DOUBT, am my mother.

7 DAYS and I literally thought "is it too early to set the table?"

Things I'm thankful for:

inheriting the stuffing recipe
new friends, old friends, camp friends
oreos
warm fuzzy socks
the state of Maine
my dog
my manicurist who gives the most amazing foot massage known to man kind
the small ponytail that my hair can now sport
scars (which even though I hate) remind me where I've been and that I'm still here kicking
a million little things (all time new favorite show hands down)
100 grand bars
and the 3 humans who I share my house with who I love and am  more thankful for  than anything on this list

(you know, with the 100 grand bars being a close second)

Tell me what you're thankful for..









Comments