Skip to main content

2019

Once upon a time I rang in the new year.
I stayed up way past midnight and auld lang syned with the best of them.
And then I became a Mom and staying up past midnight was tough work.

When the boys were little we would celebrate new years eve at 7PM.
I would change the clock, bring out the happy new year hats, blow horn thingies and plastic champagne glasses (filled to the rim with only the best of the sparkling cider).
We would countdown to the new year and poof...just like that- my friends with toddlers went home, kids were asleep by 8PM and DH and I would fall asleep before Dick Clark talked about the ball dropping.

I have teenagers now so they would be kind of on to me if I pretended the clock read midnight before Jenny McCarthy was sloshed.
We do still toast with sparkling cider early because now my kids stay up until midnight and the parents were in bed by 10.

In fairness to me, I had aspirations to stay up but a migraine hit me out of nowhere at 10 and I couldn't even stomach the bright lights of the TV being on.
Which was fine because watching the train wreck of Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper was no way to ring in 2019.

DH was asleep before I could even complain that I was feeling nauseous (yet I did manage to watch the clock turn to 12:01. )

My teens did the same.

The males spent New Years Day watching PSU lose in the Citrus Bowl while I continued to nurse a migraine.

So yea, so far, 2019 is not all it's cracked up to be.
And it's hard to believe it has been 365 days since my last promise to eat healthier, exercise more and lose 20 lbs.

Well, as THEY say..
"Here's to a new year and another chance for us to get it right."







Comments