Skip to main content

Namaste

I wish I could always write in my sarcastic rhetoric that has become my native tongue but alas, life gets in the way of always being quick mouthed (?)
Sometimes life just plain sucks.

Not me.
I'm okay (you know, in spite of the arctic temperatures and my yearly question of why do I live in New England) (But could be worse and live in MN with my friend who is a balmy neg 45 today)

But some shit stuff is going on in a friends life.
And in another friends life.
And in a kid I dont even know's life.

And I feel like I'm being bombarded with really crappy, awful stories.

A  FB memory popped up today that said "My 3 1/2 year old is giving up naps. Say it isn't so"

Really; my young self?
You do not know how good you had it back then that the lack of napping was your biggest daily problem.

Yes, it is absolutely true what THEY say.
Small kids. Small problems.
Big kids. Bigger problems.

But what THEY do not tell you?
Is that when you hit your 40's and 50's- life becomes really real.
Tragic real.
Crappy real.
Worse than colonsocopy and needing reading eyeglasses real.

So I could continue to remind you that life is short.
But I think I've beaten that enough.
I could continue to tell you to not sweat the small stuff,  hug your kids, stay in the moment...
but it's all just words.
We all get this.
The problem is we forget in the heat of the moment.

And then we are reminded of it when we hear the shit stories again like my friend.
And another friend.
And the kid I dont even know.

So I decided instead of making this monumentous life change (because for 15 years I've been trying to lose my pregnancy weight) (and clearly giant moves don't work well in my life)
I decided on baby steps.

I do much better with baby steps.
(Today I didn't eat the bag of Teddy Grahams that sit in my closet. Seriously. Teddy Grahams. Who knew they would be so addictive?) (I actually should've realized that anything with the word Teddy in the name was going to be yummy because it appeals to kids and kids love addictive food.)
(Am I onto something? Teddy Broccoli? Teddy Kale Salad? Teddy Avocado Ice Cream?)

Okay
Baby Steps.
Today is my day to be the zen person I inspire to be.
Today is my day NOT  to agonize over the backpack on the floor,  the headache I've been sporting for over a week,  or the dog vomit on the floor (as it was my fault because I overfed her treats as I tried to teach her to roll over. )

Be Zen with me today.
And grateful.

Namaste.

PS- The dog didn't learn to roll over.



Comments