Skip to main content

This is not a FRIYAY

Friday was not Friyay.

It started with an hour at the vet (she's fine. Just a check up)
She is a love but a nudge and she takes after her mother (and father) that patience is not her strong suit.

I then had to wait from 1-5 for the Sears repair man who wasnt even coming to repair anything.
We got a warrantee with our fridge last year and this was just a check up.
Yup.
Check ups all around today.
The fridge
The dog.
We dont discriminate in our family.

So we all can guess what time Sears man actually showed?
Yup.
4:55.
I forgot to mention it was 60 degrees today and  I was hankering for a nice walk. (Do people still hanker?)
Sears man didn't do much.
Ice maker. Check
Water thing. Check.
Texted manager to make sure he was doing it right.
Texted manager when I told him this was a FREE visit as it wasn't coming up as FREE on his little copmputery phone thingie.

I'm dieting.
A few other things (minor) contributed to my hangri-ness but it wasn't pretty.
I was snapping( at even the dog)

No better way to get rid of the hangries is some retail therapy.
I did not care that it was rush hour.
I had a few things to return and needed to get out of the house.

First stop.
GAP.
I rarely shop here anymore but Im vacationing next month, have gained weight and nothing fits me.
They had a couple of cute sundresses online and when they arrived; to my surprise- they didn't fit.
(Too big. Apparently I misjudged my obesity)
Waited to exchange and have them re-order for me and of course, the computers were down.

No worries, I say.
Really not feeling the no worry thing but it wasn't nice lady's fault.

Next stop.
Macy's.
Also bought online.

Another store I rarely shop at and I realized why.
There is not a register open in that store.
I finally found Marion's register.
I was third in line.

Marion was all done with customer number one but was very busy telling her that she has worked here for 30 years and is treated poorly by the younger staff.
She just comes in now and does her job waiting for retirement.
Customer wanted to hear more.
Marion certainly saw the line losing their cool (mainly me in line losing the cool) but as she eyed me, she didn't rush to take the customer in front of me.
Marion discussed her weekends plan (she may go see a movie) before finally taking customer number 2.

Number two had a few things and wanted to know each price before she purchased them (because she had coupons)
She did not want to apply for a Macy's gift card in spite of Marion's persuasion.
Marion loved her purchases and went on to discuss the blouses she recently bought with fluttery sleeves that were too big for her but she brought them to the tailor because the price was a steal.
Marion feels that if there's a good buy to be had she will happily pay to get it tailored even though "everyone thinks she is crazy".

Finally it was my turn.
"Oh honey. Did you know there's a return register right in the front of the store? Returns only"
I was ready to jump over the counter if Marion was going to tell me that I couldn't return there.

No I didnt know Marion.
I just wanted to tell you for the future. I mean, I can still accept your return here but you didn't need to stand in this line.
Naturally my return didn't have a tag on it and she had to zip up the coat that no one wanted and put it back on the return rack before ringing me up but I was done and I had to pee. Restrooms were upstairs and I figured I would run into something on my way to the car (because I found out I really was too crabby for any retail therapy)

I passed Nordstroms and saw that the restroom was on the first floor.
Which worked out perfectly because that's where I parked my car.
MENS ROOM.
Umm. Okay, and the womens room would be where?

I see there's a family and unisex bathroom next to Mens.
I decided I'm a member of a family and am all about unisex so I proceed that way.
But it's locked.
And no one was in there, I'm pretty sure.

Excuse me nice man who is working in the Mens Department. Where would the womens room be?
Second floor Ma'am.

WTF?
I decided to hold my bladder because I just needed to get home.

I pull out of the lot and almost get cut off by a car full of teens.
Not just a car full of teens but a car full of 9 teens shoved into a 5 seat Chevy.
I know there were 9 because I counted as they sat next to me at a red light.

There parents must be proud.

It's 8pm
I'm still hangry (clearly)
and there is no TGIF going on in this house.


Comments