Skip to main content

Random ranting

I woke up needing to pry open my left eye.
To then find it looked like a bottle of ketchup leaked into my eyeball.

TMI?

I'm self diagnosing myself with pink eye which instantly brings me back to being 11 years old at camp.
Many things instantly bring me back to camp
 but especially pink eye,

Because at camp there used to be wide spread cases of pink eye and we would have to designate a pink eye sink in the bathroom.

Or in some cases, sinks with a giant s.

And above the sink would be a giant bloodshot eye that some counselor drew with giant letters saying
PINK EYE SINK
which clearly was designated for those who had pink eye.

Because it spreads like wild fire.
Especially at an overnight camp.
Especially when you are 11 and don't always wash your hands like you're supposed to.
Or you know, at all.

We were like lepers.
We were on the no swim list (for those of us that hated instructional swim that was a giant plus)
We were called into the infirmary twice a day to get our ointment squirted into our infected eye(s)
and we were banned to the pink eye sink.
I believe there even may have been a pink eye toilet.
(Fellow campers, am I imagining that? Weigh in!)

So yes.
Woke up with pink eye.
I think.
Or just a giant gross burst blood vessel in my eye.

And I had to bring the dog to the vet for surgery.
She's okay.
She needed to have a cyst removed.
And have her teeth cleaned.
Which apparently if you're a dog, you do while drugged.
Not a bad idea for us humans.

Vet called in the midst of my cookie baking (and possibly eating) to inform me of Wilsey's recovery.

(For those that don't know the history behind my dogs name it is one of my favorite stories to tell.
DH wanted a dog. I wasn't sure. I would reply for years "we'll see" and well, you know..the rest is history. Wilsey was born. Our second dog will be called "noway")

So Dr told me Wilsey is still a little loopy from her drugs but did well. She; however, did not like to recover in the crate.
She has not been in a crate for 7 years so I really cannot blame her.
She is now recovering on the couch with one of the techs.

I love my vet.

She also has two semi fractured teeth because when I bought her hard as rock toys thinking I was mom of the year and finally found something she wouldn't destroy, I apparently was cracking her teeth at the same time.

#worstdogmom

I threw out the toys while she is recovering.
She's smart as a whip but am pretty sure she wont know they're missing.

For those wondering, my cookies came out fabulous.
(Relax. I washed my hands 100 times and in between all kinds of steps to not spread any pink eye. Plus I'm an adult and know how to not touch my eye)

I don't mean to brag but my cookies most always do come out fabulous.
It's one thing I have perfected.

Oldest has an egg allergy (although can now eat baked egg) but I used to make his with banana instead of egg and now that's all he loves.
If you like banana- it's a must try.

You're welcome.


Comments