Skip to main content

Anxiety is real

I was awoken at 3:27 AM with a migraine.
Or maybe it was from the damned wrist splint I have to wear for my tendinitis.
Or my back pain that’s creeped into my butt.
Whatever it is, I blame the cancer meds.
Because I can.
This is us.
Did you watch?
William and the seltzer water?
My mind doesn’t shut off easily.
I’m afraid of a lot.
Lightening.
Flying (since I became a Mom)
Skunks
Home invasions (thanks ADT for comforting me)
Egg salad (a trauma when I was 6)
My kids HS homework
I’ve also had panic attacks.
What do I worry about?
Funny question.
Answer : everything.
I had my first attack at 17.
They’re very real.
Heart racing, unable to catch your breath, and many times I’ve had to breathe into a paper bag.
We didn’t talk about anxiety much back then.
I’m so happy it’s now part of a conversation.
William talks about anxiety being like seltzer water.
“She'd fill a glass with seltzer water and tell me that my mind was like the bubbles bouncing around inside, trying to get out. We'd watch the bubbles settle and eventually I would settle too.”
The clock turned to 5:55AM
Eventually my migraine meds kicked in and I stopped worrying about my Thanksgiving menu (wait- not everyone worries about thanksgiving menus 6 weeks in advance in the middle of the night with a migraine, back pain and a damned wrist splint?)
Welcome to my life.
I’ve noticed some new names liking my posts.
From the bottom of my heart, truly
Thank you.
I’m blown away people actually read what I write
Let alone having something resonate within.
I love my village
Wishing you peaceful night sleeps
And may you not fear egg salad

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing. We already feel better knowing we are not alone. You are a brave strong woman for showing your vulnerability. By the way, I hate eggs so I get your fear of egg salad. K and K

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment