Skip to main content

Happy Thanksgiving 2020 style

 So clearly thanksgiving is a bit different this year .

We aren’t doing the normal travel. 
We aren’t needing to worry about who to sit at the kids table and I haven’t made 20 trips to the supermarket yet.

It’s depressing as all hell. 

I refuse to cave and am still making my thanksgiving meal- just for 4. 

The issue is 3/4 don’t like the thanksgiving meal. 
DH will tolerate it. 
Oldest will eat sweet potatoes.
Youngest will eat mashed potatoes and a bite of stuffing. 
Everyone will eat dessert.

So I’m making a 13 lb Turkey (the smallest I could find), stuffing, cranberry chutney (still doubling the recipe because I could eat this for weeks), two kinds of potatoes so each child has something to eat, and a chocolate cake (because it’s the only dessert all 4 of us will eat)

This is only the second time in 52 years I won’t be with my brother on this holiday and the first time in 52 years I won’t have my Mom at my table. 

I’m imagining some (most) of you are feeling the same kind of sadness and covid fatigue.  So let’s take a spin and make it positive (this is not easy for the glass half empty  girl)

What are you thankful for?
I’m thankful for our 9 month old bernedoodle
That my family is healthy (in a year of covid I think we can all agree on a big amen for health)
The return of my favorite TV shows
That I was able to spend summer in my happy place 

And that I’ll have 12 lbs of turkey leftover to go with my cranberry chutney.

Happy Thanksgiving to my village-
Thanks for joining me on the ride.

Stay safe. 
Mask up.
This isn’t forever.



Comments