Skip to main content

The club

 I joined the club.

I didn’t want to really but there was so much peer pressure.

Everyone seemed to be joining. 


I got the invite on Monday but didn’t officially join til Wednesday. 


People told me the club wasn’t so bad.

I call bullshit.


I thought having a single room with Netflix all day would be kind of nice for a bit, but turns out it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. 


The days in the club are spent hacking, sneezing, aching, fevering, sleeping and not sleeping.


Not everyone has the same visit to the club. 

Some feel it’s just a minor inconvenience but others; like me, have a much harder time during their stay. 


I’m thankful for science, because otherwise my club stay would be a lot longer, and maybe even I would need to  stay in one of their satellite locations. 


Room service was pretty good up until the person(s) delivering the food were also invited to join the club. (Toast and jam by the way. For 3 days straight. Not to the fault of the delivery man but the initiation to this club left me with very little appetite) (Silver lining?) 


They supposedly kick you out of the club after 5 days, I’m not hopeful I’ll get to leave then, I may have to stay an extra day or two due to the fevering, hacking, aching, sneezing stuff that comes along with all this initiation but ..is what it is.


3/4 of my family all wanted to see what the hype was about so they followed me in. 

The dog is not happy about all this.


For those of you who haven’t joined yet-


For those who have already been here-


For those of you who have lost a loved one…


I know we are all sick of this but please take care of each other. 


**side note 


Thank you science for allowing me to be able to keep my wits up and in no way, shape or form am I making light of the seriousness of this pandemic.

To quote one of my faves though 🎶

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane”.

Comments