Skip to main content

Blah blah blah

We are on our third refrigerator in a week.
Ours broke and was going to cost a good amount to fix so figured we would just spend a bit more and buy a new one.
Except the new one isn't so great.
After trying to get a replacement part (like the model the store had which we expected to get on said fridge) and after being transferred 5 times by SEARS, and after badmouthing them on twitter, we decided to get a new fridge. 
New fridge will be delivered sometime in the next few days.
Except we may be getting storm number 4.
And god forbid they give you any timeline other than " we will call the night before with timing"
Because you know, that works well when you have to plan around the vet, orthodontist, tutor and pediatrician appointments.

And we still dont have our landline because we have also spent the week back and forth between leaving FIOS and trying out Xfinity. 
Except Xfinity has to do something with a new wire and that will take weeks.
So we are back with FIOS even though they already cancelled our landline so we have to now wait to get it hooked up again.
Now you may be laughing that we have a landline.
I know many of you don't. 
I seriously dont know how you do that. 
I hate having my cell on all night. I wake up to with the slightest ding of an incoming email.
Yes, of course I set it to vibrate. 
I wake up at that too.
I feel lost without it although I know in years to come my children will say "I cant believe we ever had a landline".

OH and how could I forget that the day the kids finally went back to school after two snow days our heat broke.
On a Friday.
So we could wait until Monday to get it fixed or spend an extra $$ to rush the guy to run out and get the part, return, and fix. 
Considering it's been pretty chilly in our neck of the woods the choice was obvious.
$4000 later.
DH is ready to put the house on the market and move to a condo.
Not sure I'm too far behind him.

I'm recovering pretty well from the fixing of the breasts.
I really never imagined I would ever talk about my breasts as much as I have. 
The scars are raw and itchy and I have to wear a surgical bra 24/7 (which ladies, you can relate how much this sucks)
I'm just kinda tired of having to fix and tug and lift and reduce. I forget what life was like pre cancer. 
Although in the same breath, chemo life seems like it was a decade ago.
Other than I'm still sporting the pixie cut. This hair is very slow growing!

An old friend reached out to me this week thanking me for writing and being so honest about my cancer.
Her husband was recently diagnosed with the effin disease.
Although I hate to hear of another member to the club it warmed my heart that anything I've written has helped one person. 

So as always, I thank you my village. 
For being here.
For taking the time to read.
For taking the time to comment.
For taking the time to even care about anything that I have to say.

Most importantly...
For listening. 
This is my therapy.
And I thank you...


Comments