Skip to main content

The next 24 hours

Hi Village,

You must have had a stressful 2 days waiting to hear if we got cable and internet working again.
I apologize for not informing you sooner.
As you can imagine, the 24 hours without it was quite harrowing for my two teenaged boys.

The fact that their Mother was doped up on Vicodin and walking like the hunch back of notre dame meant nothing to them.

Wait, what do you mean we don't have wifi connection?
How long til it comes back on?
If I go over our data plan will you be angry?

The sympathy oozing from my children really touched my heart.
Did they not see that the fact that I could not view ER and Law and Order reruns during recovery was way more important than their need to gets streaks on snapchat? Which, I dont even know what that means.

We were restored more quickly with cable than sadly some other towns were with power. And we will soon be touched with our 3rd Nor' Easter this month.
Another snow day for sure.
Remind me why we do not have a March break like the rest of the country, get rid of Feb/April and maybe we would be out of school before the 4th of July.

Recovery kind of bites.
I feel like an uneven swollen misfit.
Nausea and lack of appetite has continued which may be a silver lining if the damned scale would show the arrow moving downward. Swelling and fluid of course im sure is the reason for the non moving needle but you know, throw me a bone.

I kid you not I watched Law and Order SVU for 8 hours straight yesterday. The drugs have made me a bit jittery and have had a hard time even sleeping with a giant marshmallow growing out of the side of me (new real breast I mean). The night I came home I looked at the clock every 5 minutes and couldn't stop singing Aerosmith's "I dont wanna miss a thing".  That, coupled with singing School of Rock's "Stick it to the man" it's really a wonder I'm not in a band.

Bright side, apparently your teens actually CAN do laundry, load a dishwasher and make their own lunch.

May milk this thing a bit longer....



Comments