Skip to main content

As our world unravels

I am a 52 year old grown woman who is petrified watching the world unravel.
I am an adult who understands how the world works. How there are good and bad people. How it’s important to speak up, to voice your opinion, to protect things you believe in.
I understand freedom of speech and that differences of opinions are what makes our world go around.
But I’ve been around the block a few times.
Our kids- are just that- kids.
How do we explain to our kids what is happening in the world as they watch and see the news unfold before their very eyes?
How do we continue to teach them to be respectful, fair and kind ? How do we continue to teach them how it’s so important to hear other views, to listen, to hear what others have to say yet there are leaders of our country - and so many others- not doing this each and every day?
I have been glued to the tv with my heart racing - seeing images of protestors sitting with their feet up in a chair on the senate floor as the president of this country sits in silence and continues to tell the world that his election was stolen.
I hate to discuss politics.
Truly.
I’ve always been in the camp of I don’t care what you believe in - I care who you are as a person.
I care that you treat my kids kindly and teach your kids to do the same .
But this country has become so much more than two parties. People have become mean and angry. People are losing sight of who we are and who we should be.
My words aren’t going to do much but I hope my kids hear them loud and clear.
And then I hope your kids hear the same.
And then maybe- just maybe- we can see some change.
Stay safe.
Be kind.
ts

Comments