Skip to main content

Would you swipe right?

Remember going out at night?
Like a date?
Mascara, heels and jewelry.
Remember jewelry?
I tell DH all the time how lucky he is to have me.
Because; you know, it’s the truth.
But I’m lucky too.
Because dating right now would suck.
Nowhere to go.
No romantic dinner or holding hands in a movie theatre.
Plus my dating profile would read:
52 year old mother of rolling eye, mumbling under their breath teenaged boys. Has migraines, the back of a 70 year old and a lot of scars under her bra. Complainer of all things, baker (who likes to lick the bowl), writer and mom to a 65 lb Bernedoodle who you must love and get up to take out every morning and before bed because I’m too lazy.
Hates exercise, science fiction anything and Indian food. Loves all things chocolate and traveling - but gets car sick and panics in a plane.
Must order out Chinese food once a week (but then listen to me complain about the migraine from the MSG).
Loves walks on the beach (but has plantar fasciitis so you will hear me that night talk about aching feet),
Loyal friend, kind and thoughtful (but if you treat me poorly- you’re out. )
Over analyzer and thinker - mostly at 1am.
So if you like pina colada’s - you’re my guy.
Thank god I married him 20 years ago.
No one would swipe right .

Comments