Skip to main content

Summers are becoming dreadful

Spent last August recovering from mastectomy

Spending this July recovering from shoulder surgery which is needed because of mastectomy

Apparently I formed scar tissue from surgery.

Of course I did.

Why should I sail through anything?
I pretty much predicted this because I had arm and shoulder pain for months after surgery. Which I knew, wasn't that common.

So I got a cortisone shot.
And life was good.
For a while.

Then I ran into a tree branch (look back to post in April to review said tree branch incident)
And my shoulder looked like something out of a horror movie.
And wonderful orthopedist (seriously wonderful) wont give me a cortisone shot now because of horror movie looking shoulder.
So were onto surgery.
Because I've had pain for a year.
And scar tissue caused bursitis and frozen shoulder.
And PT is doing me no good.

So, surgery.
Not a big deal really. Arthroscopic and should be walking around the next day (although I begged him to send me to a tropical island for a needed bed rest. Said he would sign whatever I put in front of him. Again. Wonderful orthopedist)
However, I hear recovery's no fun

Great.
Surgery next Tuesday (I know. I move fast!)
8 weeks of recovery

Once again, fun summer times!

Comments