Skip to main content

#Stickittothecancer

I would not recommend having your house cleaned 24 hours before you suffer through GI symptoms from chemo.
I have to call them GI symptoms because apparently when I mentioned in more detail to DH, he told me I was sharing TMI. My girlfriends, however, could have cared less about the words I was using (Once again, proving a point that everyone needs some good girlfriends by their side.)

I would also not recommend searching through every cancer blog imaginable nor reading every book OR reading every side effect that has to do with your medication.  BAD MOVE.

Oh this fog I have- clearly side effect.
Mouth sore? Yup. Side effect.
Headache. Stomach ache. Knee ache.
Craving for chocolate chip cookies?  Blame the cancer!

Anyone see School of Rock? Stick it to the man? (Google it. Or better yet, see the show) But this is how I'm feeling about the cancer stuff.  I'm going to play the cancer card if I can. 2lb weight gain? The NEED for the white cadbury eggs that they only sell at Easter time? (How wonderful for me that chemo falls during cadbury egg time. Winner winner chicken dinner!) (Ok, never, I repeat, never ever, have I said winner winner chicken dinner. )
See what I'm saying here?  #Stickittothecancer. Are you catching on?  You don't even need to have seen school or rock you just have to follow along on the journey.

File under other things I've learned so far..apparently cancer girls dont like the term journey (unless you're referring to Steve Perry singing Dont Stop Believin' which in that case, I think it's appropriate.)
I suppose a journey is something you choose to do. Choose to be on. According to google definition somewhere it's defined as "an act of traveling one place to another. " or as a verb "to travel somewhere".
Therefore, I choose to jump on the cancergirl bandwagon and am banning the word journey from here on out if I'm talking about breast cancer. I will journey on a cruise in April. I will journey to my back yard for some fresh air. I will journey to Nordstrom Rack (appropriate use, no?) But yea, journeying through breast cancer. I see their point.

#stickittothecancer

Comments