Skip to main content

Think Pink

I never understood people who were against the pink phenomenon. Awareness of a disease? Why not? Who are we hurting?
Throw on a pink t- tie a ribbon in your hair- raise some funds and celebrate a sisterhood.
I've walked.
I've raised money.
I've worn the T (I refuse the bow)

I semi get it now.
The distaste for the awareness month.
Firstly, every day to the survivors is awareness month. We dont forget. It's a bit how I feel about the prematurity awareness thing- I get it. I see my preemie son every day and the preemie days are still there 13 years later.
The thing is with the pink thing- it's all fun and games til you get breast cancer.
We dont want to be celebrating being a survivor because we just want to forget it ever happened in the first place. Or really,we just want to find a cure so it never happens again.
Ever.

That being said- I will still fundraise. I hope it goes to research.
I will probably still wear a pink T (although it makes me look ruddy and really not my best color)
I will never ever say "Save the Ta Ta's"
I will still walk (I think . If the neuropathy from chemo doesn't make me never want to walk again)
But I get it a bit now.
#Second time around.


Comments