Skip to main content

Maine. The way life should be.

We went to Maine this week.

It's my happy place so sitting on the beach with a little 5 month old baby cooing next to me brought me even more happiness.
I miss that age.
Remember when they just wanted to snuggle with their Mommy and were happy staring at a plastic giraffe for an hour? That's what this little one did.

Oh. The days before the eye rollers.
Don't get me wrong.
I love my eye rollers more than anything on this earth but I do wish they would still snuggle with me.

I closed my eyes to the sun and tried to chill.
Then I shed a tear.
I  met a group of amazing people online during my early years when oldest was a preemie and a trached baby.
The message boards back then were my lifeline.
Recently, her trached baby passed away.
He was born a week before oldest.

When I lost Zachary it was a different kind of grief.
I loved him because he was my baby.
I carried him for the 7 months that I could and he was my heart and soul.

But I only got to know him for 8 hours.

That's a whole different kind of knowing than 15 years of knowing.

And in midst of any crap that I am going through or have gone through or will go through I was reminded that
everyone has their own crap.
It may not compare to your crap.
Maybe it's way bigger.
Or way less.
And maybe it appears as if life is perfect because they appear at curriculum night with perfect hair and skinny jeans and your best outfit for back to school night is your jeans that don't make your ass look overly huge and you think why am I the only one who appears like their life is not together.

Key word here.
APPEARS.

So yes.
My cancer totally trumps your kid not making the soccer team but maybe your sick mother trumps my extra 10lbs that I can't lose.

Crap.
It's here there and everywhere.

So as I was listening to little baby coo with her cute binkie in her mouth and I was sitting next to my favorite oldest child chatting about what highschool clubs they offer I was reminded of my all time favorite quote.

And I wanted to remind you of it too.

Be kind.
For everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.

Namaste my friends.

Comments