Skip to main content

Nothingness

The news has been filled with tragedy this week.

Kim Kardashian is upset with her new haircut.

For real.
This was a story on my TODAY show newsfeed.
And on my local radio shows.

When are they done with their 15 minutes of fame and why do we still care that the Duggar kids are having babies?

I was enjoying some time on the patio with my dog yesterday.
I should've kept enjoying time on the patio with my dog but I chose to come in because it was too hot.
And then I stubbed my toe on the damned ottoman.
And then I screamed a few expletives and felt it swelling by the nanosecond.
And then I was in urgent care confirming I broke the pinky toe.
And then I was sporting a beautiful black boot which is in desperate need of a be-dazzle (do people still bedazzle?)
And then I woke up at 3AM practically crying from the intense pain from a stupid broken pinky toe.
And then I had to cancel our original weekend plans to check out Ausable Chasm in upstate NY (Google it. It looks pretty cool)
Because hiking in a non bedazzled boot isn't really what the DR had in mind when she told me to rest the foot.

So I hobble around the  house and see the mailman arrived.
So I hobble out to the mailbox thrilled to see a letter from youngest.
Because we haven't received a letter from youngest since before visiting day (over a week ago) (And they're made to write home 3/week so go figure)
So I opened the letter and it said:

"I just saw you yesterday so nothing is new.
Bye"

Feeling the love.

I'm now on day 30 of a broken AC by the way
with a broken toe

THESE are real world problems Kim.


Comments