Skip to main content

The Price of Cheerios

I laughed my ass off the other day when my friend was telling me that her husband thinks it's crazy that girls talk about nothing.

For hours on end.

" You talk about the price of cheerios" he told her.

And no truer words were ever spoken.

And that sums up girlfriends in a single sentence.

That's the beauty.

We can talk about our toddler who refuses to crap in a toilet or our teenager who is being excluded from the "group" or the fact that an annoying sales woman talked our ear off in the Nordstroms dressing room.

And in the midst of your talking about your teen eye rollers you have to discuss the latest tear jerker episode of THIS IS US and the story you saw on the TODAY show and how your stomach hurts from too much Chinese Food.

 You can go from zero to 100 in a matter of 2 minutes.

And your girlfriend understands this because this is how her mind works too.

We love our husbands.
But they aren't our girlfriends.

They will never understand how our mind works because for some miraculous reason, theirs can actually shut off.

And they have no need (or desire I'm guessing) to talk to their guy friends about their sore ankle or the headache they have or the fact that the spouse loaded the dishwasher the wrong way (Which probably would never be a conversation anyway because women intuitively know how to load a dishwasher)

Girlfriends understand the desire for a date with Ben and Jerry and then the need to complain for 3 days straight that you are fat.
She gets the reason you don't want to go out and how you went from extrovert 30 something to couch potato 40 something and it's A- O-K.

DH is the person who when I yell "where are my glasses?"  he finds that I left them in the other room 2 seconds prior to asking but my girlfriends...? My 911 squad (the few that I know no matter what time of day or what part of the country they may reside, I can call them in an emergency and they are THERE for me)

Those women?

They get the importance of the price of cheerios.




Comments