Skip to main content

I AM STRONG

A post showed up on my facebook feed a while ago.
I AM STRONG.

It's a non profit started by a Mom in my town.
Her daughter; Isabelle, was 13 when she committed suicide.

My youngest is 13.

I cannot ( and will not ) pretend to imagine what kind of heartache Isabelle's parents go through each and every day.
What her family and friends think of about the would haves and the could haves.
And maybe the should haves.

And we cannot imagine what Isabelle must have been feeling.

What I can (and will) do is to pass along endless messages as much as I can to anyone who will read.

YOU ARE STRONG.

You are enough.

We are ALL enough.

Those friends of yours posting what seem to be their perfect life on instagram-
I promise you- there is no perfect.
The loneliness you may feel, the stress you may be under, the peer pressure...

YOU ARE STRONG.
YOU ARE ENOUGH.

It is such a simple thing to be kind to others.
Really.
How hard is it to wish someone a good day?
To smile as you hold the door open?
To thank them for handing you a bag of groceries?

The kid you may think is different?

I bet not as different than you may think.

Be respectful.
Be kind.

I tell my kids all the time :
You don't need to be friends with everyone but you do need to be respectful to everyone.

Because it's how we all want to be treated isn't it?
With some respect?

As our kids enter a new school year
And as they enter new pressures and feelings and emotions

Remind them

Remind ourselves

WE ARE STRONG
WE ARE ENOUGH

#IAMSTRONG

In memory of Isabelle



Comments