Skip to main content

Day 20thousandandsomething

Here we are.
Day 20thousandandsomething

We are all wishing this year speeds up and disappears, am I right?

My dog died of cancer in February.
My mom died of covid in April.
Tomorrow I turn 52 and I am eating my way through this pandemic.
My hair needs color, I'm in need of my next set of invsalign braces and I need new sneakers.
I'm in dire need of a new pair of glasses and oh, did I mention I'm due for my mammogram in a few weeks?

If there ever was time for a pity party- this is the time.

There is no light in this damned tunnel that I can see just yet so forgive me if I don't see any of my silver linings today.

I'm getting tired and Home Goods misses me terribly.
I know this is fact.

We are all getting tired.

Puzzles have puzzled.
Cabinets have been cleaned.
There are no more bananas to bread.
Zoom calls have all been zoomed.

We want to stay safe.
We know we have to stay safe.
I particularly enjoy knowing we are all safe in my little bubble I call home.

And that's the part of me that could do this forever.
I like that people are walking more and stopping to, LITERALLY, smell the roses.
Our air is cleaner, we are definitely having more family time and I know there will be time that we will crave this again.

But that other part of me
misses normalcy.

And my guess is that other part of you does as well.

But until the world lets us all know it's safe to have normalcy
we must go on breading bananas
and lord knows there are more cabinets to clean.

Stay safe friends.







Comments