Skip to main content

We are in the same ocean

I recently read a post going viral about how we all "AREN'T" in the same boat.
And I get that.
In a sense.

Yes.
I feel very fortunate.
DH has a steady job.
My kids are safe and healthy.
We have food and shelter.

I realize people are not as fortunate.
Believe me; I am keenly aware.

But this does not mean I am not allowed to lose my shit.

I am very versed in throwing myself pity parties.
I've gone down a few crap roads that led me to some bad dead ends.
Eventually, I get to turn around and drive up a scenic route but sometime that crap road drive just sticks with you for a little too long.
And it's hard to enjoy the scenic route.

I have no doubt we will be amongst the beauty once again soon.
I have no doubt, our memories will be memories (some scars, some battle wounds, some broken hearts)
but we will rebound
because we are resilient.
Even if we don't believe we are right now.

So yes
We may not be in the same boat

but we ARE in the same ocean.

Comments