Skip to main content

Have a little bit of Chicken Fried

You know the pandemic is lessening up when the robocalls start back up.
The sun is finally shining in MA and I spent a much needed afternoon on my patio rocking out to “Chicken Fried”. I’m not a huge country music fanatic but I could listen to this song all day long.
(And I may have)
I’ve been finding it really hard to see the upside of things lately so this day was so good for my soul.
And we all need those moments.
My biggest fear of this pandemic is mental health.
I’ve mentioned several times how concerned I am for our kids (the social ones, the introverted, the ones with special needs, the ones who fade into the woodwork and the ones that need to be heard and seen) but I also worry about our mental health.
We- the parents -
I worry about us.
Because we spend our times worrying about others.
I’m pretty sure it’s just in our DNA.
It’s how we roll.
So please-take your ME time.
It is more essential than ever.
Take your walk (and three times a day if needed.) ( I may or may not be speaking from experience)
Go easy on yourself for snacking a bit more (that’s what the three walks are for)
Take a longer shower.
Close your bedroom door and pretend you’re in the shower.
I can’t wait to see you on the other side.
But for now,
Take your patio time and rock out to chicken fried.

Comments