Skip to main content

The good ol' days

Oldest misses sports so much he has resorted to NASCAR.

I'm starting to get all my news from "FELGER and MAZZ" and find myself siding with MAZZ quite a bit.

My dog is going to be in for such a rude awakening when life becomes normal.
Whatever that normal may be.
Whenever that normal may be.
(Please tell me there will be normal again)

I'm starting to fear TV series will not resume in the Fall. THEN WHAT?

I miss wandering. Wandering through Target. Wandering down a grocery aisle. Wandering around my house- ALONE.

I wonder when we wont be freaked out eating at a restaurant. Inside. Like- next to people.
Or a sporting event or concert? Shoulder to shoulder in the beer line? Remember being  close enough for beer to spill on you?

Ahh
The good ol' days.

I miss my kids going to school and am mourning youngest not getting to go be "oldest camper" at his summer camp.

I miss seeing shelves stocked fully and people sitting outside together having coffee.
I miss the sounds of laughter as I drive by the playgrounds and kids eating ice cream outside with their friends.
I miss stopping for longer than a second to talk to the pharmacist when I pick up my orders at CVS- or talking longer than a second to talk to anyone.

I miss meeting my girlfriends for lunch.
I miss eating healthier (kinda. I mean, of course I COULD eat healthier but who has time to browse the produce aisle? Because, that's kinda the reasoning behind needing to eat chips vs salad. Right? )
I miss asking DH "so what's new today" and asking my kids how their day was.
(Even if all I got was "good" and "nothing").

Most of all.
I miss my Mom.

FU Covid.
You've messed up EVERYTHING.


I do love that life has slowed down a bit.
But for the love of God this is really getting old.

(and please bring back sports so I don't need to start following NASCAR.)




Comments