Skip to main content

Welcome to 2020

Welcome to 2020

I’m up.
I’m down.

I’m finding silver linings.
I’m so over this.

I never want to leave my house again.
Screw it all- I’m bringing my mask and I can’t wait to get out into the world.

Don’t touch the door handle.
I touch my phone with the glove I used to touch the door handle.

Love the family time. 
My kid now complains that his brother is breathing too loud and the other one says he talks to the dog too much. 
TOO MUCH TOGETHERNESS.
I want my alone time.

No get togethers until 2022.
Time for a social distance lunch.
Time for a small get together.
Time for a group hug.

I feel sick.
I can’t breathe in this mask.
The supermarket is causing my blood pressure to rise.

Hair salons are open?
Sign me up!
When can I get a pedicure?
Thank god the ice cream places are opening.

She’s not wearing gloves?
Where is his mask?

Open the states!
Let me sit on the beach.

It’s too soon.
It’s not soon enough.

Surge.
Pandemic.
Phases.
N95.
Antibodies and asymptomatic.

Long hair
Gray hair
Facial hair
Pulling out hair.

Fuzzy dice hanging from rearview mirrors replaced by surgical masks.

Zoom.
Social distance.
Virtual proms, graduations, concerts and exercise classes.

This is the freakin twilight zone and I just want my life back. 

Comments