Skip to main content

Pinktober

 Oh hey , 

Good morning pinktober.

I hate the color pink. It makes me look pale. 

But it's everywhere this month and therefore a sign to remind us all- check your breasts.

As I've said many a time, I dont need October to remind me; but maybe you do. 

And if that's the case; then I'm all for pinktober. 

However, I cant stand the pink paraphanelia that they sell thinking your saving breast cancer patients. 

It's not.

Research saves breast cancer patients so if you're going to donate; donate wisely.

That being said, I am now 4 years out from my second cancer diagnoses which means 365 more days on the damn cancer pills. 

Which also means I have now been a NEDer for 4 years (no evidence of disease). If it's your first time around here (welcome!) but you will learn I hate the term survivor. 

 Why? Because I survived but that means others didnt. I did nothing less than they did other than have less invasive cancer.  Their green smoothies and vegan diet did not save them from cancer hence my whole mantra of EAT THE FROSTING FIRST. 

Live. 

Live. Each. Day. 

Big shout out to all my fellow cancer sisters (and brothers) and I thank you for getting me to this point. Your support and comfort is what got me through each day and I think the reason all of us who have walked the walk just want to give back. We know first hand that it takes one to know one. We lived through the radiation burns and the hair loss and the surgeries and we know the feelings of fear and despair and anger. 

So to anyone reading who is newly diagnosed (or not),

I mean this sincerely, 

I'm here for you. 

And go for your mammograms!


Comments