Skip to main content

Y.E.T

I’m so angry I had to log on and vent to 552 of my closest village peeps.
I blogged recently of a “pretty woman”moment I had in Charleston when a fancy boutique store didn’t acknowledge me.
Perhaps it was because I was a sweaty mess non size 0 person but I walked away angry.
Because this was not my first run in with snooty store people.
I’m now here to tell you it happened to me again and I’m practically in tears:
Because today I wasn’t a hot mess.
I looked cute in Capri jeans and Birkenstock sandals.
My hair was blown dry and I had on makeup and everything.
And I lost 2 lbs and was feeling happy with myself.
I was in a slightly snootier shopping area perhaps but walked into a store a friend had recently told me about.
I entered said store and immediately knew I was in for it.
Maybe it’s me feeling self conscious and my 18 year old self (25,35 and 53 year old self) came out thinking I’m not this skinny or glam for this store but i can walk where I please!
I browsed anyway and was never approached.
Busy?
Not busy enough to help the skinny two women who entered after me (in baseball hats and leggings) and not busy enough to say goodbye to me as I left the store 5 minutes later.
Proving my point.
I walked into two other stores afterwards and was greeted, helped when I needed it and I spent $ doing some well deserved retail therapy.
So here is what i am here to say:
Fuck you sales people who only see size.
And to the rest of the universe too.
I would like to lose 20 lbs but I’m capable of wearing clothes that you sell ! But even if I couldn’t I’m nice and I deserve respect.
I’m wiping my tears realizing it’s not worth my emotions but instead telling you all a wonderful mantra I learned during my cancer treatment :
Y.E.T
You’re
Enough
Today
Pass it on!!

Comments