Skip to main content

My week - one big blur

I haven't seen my boys practically all week due to sitting shiva at my Mom's house.
The week seemed like a blur; each day rolling into the next.

I missed the kids and was ready for my routine to begin once again.
Until it actually begun.

After cramming in lost family time at the Museum of Science I, soon thereafter, started losing patience. You know the drill- youngest refusing to poop; oldest taking 45 minutes to eat 1/2 a bowl of pasta.

Okay, lets try to look at the positives. I admit I'm a glass half empty kind of girl so lets try to see the good side of things.

Youngest not pooping in a toilet and almost five years old.
Okay- at least he pees in a toilet.
Small bright side.

Oldest eating like a snail.
At least he is (semi) now eating.

Yea, doesn't give me much consolation I gotta tell you. I realize my patience fuse is shorter than usual these days. Dear Husband said they were really well behaved in my "absence" this week. Not shocking. They are always better behaved for him. I think they test me more. Probably know they get away with slightly more.

That's okay. I admit I do give in now and then. Let's also remember I'm home with them 24/7 and need to pick my battles.

Non pooping is not one of the battles that I give in to easily however; clearly no strategy I pick is working.

I've lost 12 lbs but gained at least two this week. I've never eaten so much rugelah in my life.

A week ago today was my Father's funeral.
I cannot believe it.
It seems like months have gone by.
It seems like I just saw him sitting at the breakfast table in his royal blue sweater eating a bowl of Rice Krispies.

I just kissed him goodbye...

I'm cutting myself some slack for losing patience with my boys this week. It's been an emotional time for me.
An emotional year.

So to the good man upstairs, I plead with you..throw a little luck my way.

I'm so done being the strong one.

Comments