Skip to main content

When does the fear stop?

It's almost that time again.
Six months are passing me by
Time to recheck the boobs.

Or boob- as the case may be.

My mammogram isn't until July but I'm already getting panic stricken.
I'm getting these twinge like feelings in HB (healthy boob) which is what happened to me pre-cancer.
Twinges.
I was convinced I had Breast Cancer.
And I was right.

Granted I've been known to over react.
I get migraines and tell dear husband I'm dying of an aneurysm.
I know I'm not.

But twinges...
just gave me a feeling.

Do I think I have breast cancer in HB?
No.
But I panic anyways.
Because that's what I do best.
And I have reason to panic.

Sitting here reading a blog of a guy who wrote a book called The Council of Dads hasn't helped my panic mood much.
This is a husband of someone I went to HS with who just battled Osteosarcoma (bone cancer)
He blogs about his battle and the book; from what I have gathered, is about a group of men he asked to help with his children- be the father figure.

It made me think of what women I would choose in my life.
Made me think of my own battle with Cancer and how lucky I was.
Made me think of how crazy in love I am with my boys.

Made me panic

When will the fear stop?

Comments