Skip to main content

Social Distancing Day 46

My kids are being great through all this.
Truly.
And the dog is better behaved.
But my silver lining, I can do this self is losing patience.
And it's not that I hate the social distancing thing.
Honestly, I don't really mind it.
Staying safe, watching lots of bad TV and eating crap is not much to complain about.
But I never thought I would miss a Panera greek salad as much as I do.
Lunch with a girlfriend, trip to Target for nothing, stroll through Nordstrom Rack- you know, the good ol' days.
Like many of you, rules have gone out the window.
First week I was all "we got this".
My house was spotless.
Cooking dinner nightly.
Fresh veggies and fruit.
Checked in with kids nightly regarding school work.
Weekly banana bread.
Day 46 and we are now replacing veggies and fruit with Bertucci's rolls and I truly forget each week when Oldest is scheduled for his zoom tutor session.
I'm pretty sure they are in their rooms doing school work each day- it's hard to know when I cannot differentiate which day is a school day or a weekend day.
Banana bread now has strawberries in it (which is a big yumm-o) and the house is being cleaned....you know, semi so often.
We are just trying to get by here.
Making up rules as we go along.
Or not abiding to any rules.
But that's okay.
Because it's a new normal and we don't know what the next part of normal is going to look like so we make up shit as we go along.
So far-
that's working for me.
(But so help me god if I'm blogging on day 146. )
Stay safe.
Stay sane.

Comments