Skip to main content

This is about US

Apparently I really can go 6 weeks without going to Target.

I love seeing NY and MA working together.  Reminds us all there is no me and them- it is WE.

I wonder if my wedding rings still fit on my finger.

I miss using toilet paper freely.

For those of you worried that I didn't like my new puppy at first, fear not- I now love her (because she is potty trained thanks to amazing trainers that we sent her to!)

I wonder when I wont need to lysol wipe down my bananas and cereal boxes.

I feel weepy when I see my mail man and all grocery store workers. My heart aches for my manicurist, house cleaners, teachers and all small businesses.

So this is why it INFURIATES me when I still see crowds of kids hanging out.
I dont even think the word infuriates is strong enough.

Here's the thing.
My mother lived in a nursing facility.
Workers were having their temperatures taken whenever they entered the building.
Someone clearly didn't have a fever.
Someone was obviously asymptomatic.
And the virus hit.

That is how this virus works.
It is sneaky.
Your kids may feel fine and their friends may feel fine but then debbie gets sick and now her mother who is a nurse at a nursing facility is sick and just infected the entire place. You just infected, and possibly killed people's parents and grandparents.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh or rude or unsympathetic.
I ache for everyone.
I want my kids out there also hanging with their friends and resuming normal lives.
But they aren't.
They are home and staying home.
They will stay home until the state tells me it is safe to resume my life.
And even then, I may be hesitant.

Please. I am not the only one who lost a mother to this pandemic.
I am, sadly, not the only one who didn't get to say goodbye to their parent, sibling, grandparent, spouse...
and you are not, sadly, the only one who's kids are complaining.

Stay firm.
Stay strong.
Stay sane.

There will be brighter days ahead if we all stay like MA and NY.
and remember this is about WE.
About US.





Comments