Skip to main content

The giant elephant

You all rock.
You; the ones reading this.
Thank you.

Thinking of you.
Saying a prayer.
What can I do?

You're doing it.
I dont need your daily calls to know you are thinking of me.
Don't apologize because you haven't sent me a meal. You have lives too.
Your virtual hugs or occasional text.
Thank you. THANK YOU.

I'm feeling quite loved.

I decided to come out early to address the elephant in the room.
The one where there may be whispers or dialogues after I walked away of people saying "what's wrong with Abby?". Not mean spirited of course- just curious concern.
I didn't want the pity stares. I didnt want YOU to feel uncomfortable when you see me sporting the scarf at Target. I didn't want you to look at me with sadness or not knowing the right thing to say because you now see me looking differently. I wanted to prepare you just as I wanted to be prepared. I do better with a plan. I figure you would too.

So you know now. And I hope this prepares you for the future elephants you may see in the room.
We are still the same person we were before the headscarf.
Please don't be sad. Don't look away if I catch you staring at my head. It's okay to smile back.
A hug. A "thinking of you". A prayer.  It's everything.

"I have always looked at life as a voyage, mostly wonderful, sometimes frightening. In my family and friends I have discovered treasure more valuable than gold.#buffettknowsall"

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing. It's nice to read something so real and raw. Thinking of you and your family. My favorite post of yours will be when you write that you've beaten this crap for a second time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. It's nice to read something so real and raw. Thinking of you and your family. My favorite post of yours will be when you write that you've beaten this crap for a second time :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment