Skip to main content

Update week 5

It's a bit weird but I look forward to chemo each week.
It's an indicator that I'm getting closer to the end.

Plus today I got to go with a girlfriend. Nothing against DH as he has been nothing but AH-MAZE-ING during this all but sitting with a girlfriend is almost like going out to lunch together. Except you know- Nurse K is the waitress and my salad is chemo- and the other patrons aren't exactly loving their meal and are wanting to send it back but otherwise- it's practically EXACTLY like lunching with a friend.

For those keeping track today was chemo number 5 and I desperately try to cover up my scalp with any which way my hair will fall. Hanging on but not much longer in that department. And I'm sure you are all curious wanting to know so here you go... 20 lbs? Yup. Still have them.

Had a good cry this past week. Overdue and needed.
Cancer makes you cry a lot.
And then you're okay.
And then you're not again.
It's a bit like PMS. You bloat. You're hungry. You're nauseous. You want to crawl into bed. You want to bite people's heads off.

The fact that I have so much longer to go and many more different treatments still is daunting.

All my chemo mates were flying solo today. This made me sad. Please offer to bring a friend to chemo if you know someone going through it. It makes all the difference in the world and no one should be sitting alone. Even though I nod off for a few minutes from my Bendaryl Mocktail, I'm happy to wake up to a support person sitting by my side drinking the free waters and nibbling on graham crackers.

"Go fast enough to get there but slow enough to see" #Buffettknowsall

Comments