Skip to main content

The Diego Show

We bought tickets for a Diego Live show. The boys love Dora and think Diego is okay so I thought we would give it a whirl. Youngest is out of the Sesame Era already and figured this may be a nice change of pace for a live show. We've been talking it up for weeks and the boys were excited. Until today. Until I learned that the Diego show does not consist of people dressed up in the Dora and Diego costumes but actual, live, people pretending to be Dora and Diego (think Lion King vs Sesame Street Live). There happens to be a picture of the cast in today's Boston Globe and think this may be a nice opportunity to prep the boys that this is what the show will look like. Youngest takes one look, points to the woman who is playing Dora and say's "What's this?" Calmly and in my fake, wont this be fun, voice say "that's Dora! and look..there's Baby Jaguar and..." SAY NO MORE! He only hears that the woman is Dora and he starts in. "NO DORA! I want different Dora". I try to explain to him that this will be Dora in the show..NO! DIFFERENT DORA. So, I try my reverse pscyhology. Okay, I say, you can stay home then and just your brother, Mommy and Daddy will go to the show. "Okay" he says. "You go" "I stay home by myself"
Tomorrow should be FUN!
Stay tuned..

Comments