Skip to main content

If this was my day job...I'd quit

Honestly, today's one of those days that I just don't get paid enough to do this job. Oh wait, I don't get paid at all!
I can never call in sick, I often don't get a full lunch hour, I never get a coffee break to meet a girlfriend and I'm constantly breaking up fights between my colleagues (otherwise known as oldest and youngest)
Today is no exception. Oldest, now 4 1/2, has become very fresh. He has learned to talk back to his Mother and puts up a good tantrum. Youngest is learning from the best unfortunately. Everything is NO and he refuses to share. Today we had "Marcie and Me" school (A mommy and me class that we've done for about 2 yrs and youngest adores Marcie and loves his "school") Today he insisted to wear his Diego Rescue Pack. Who am I to argue? When I encourage him to show his friends he says "No show friends!" He was a grouch all morning and refused to participate..unlike him really. I bought him a new toy that he has been asking for and he refused to share with his brother. Oldest pitched a fit then was proceeded by youngest. This is all in the car--1 minute after we picked up oldest. There's nothing like two tantruming kids in the back seat of a car. I can see where phrases like "I'll turn this car around" come from. I lost it. Steam literally must have been coming out of my ears. I'm calling them ungrateful (come on Mom...they are 2 and 4. Do I think they get that?) I'm at a breaking point and in a real need of a vacation...and as I'm typing this..the third child (see post below on Codie) just threw all my papers off the desk and is lying in front of the monitor as I type.
My pressure is rising, my patience is nil and I gave up caffeine.
Should be a fun rest of the day

Comments