Skip to main content

Potty training and the land of not caring

I figured I would try to train both boys at the same time. After all, oldest is delayed and youngest, well, he is the youngest. So I try over Winter Vacation 6 months ago and within 24 hrs, he gets it. He tells me he needs to pee and he goes. He remains pretty dry yet refuses to do the big deed in the potty. That's okay. I read a lot and hear its pretty common so I dont push it. A few weeks go by, youngest is there. I brag to all who will listen. Oldest, not only does he not get it but really, just doesn't care to get it.
Fast forward a few months and youngest regresses. He is now peeing in his pull ups, still not doing the deed, and takes a fit whenever I tell him he needs to sit (we arent into standing yet. Please, that's a whole other six months of work) I bribe with jellybeans. Hey, whatever works.
Oldest...still not there. Still doesn't care. However, has a new found interest and now stares at his brother when he goes and needs to actually make sure there is pee in the toilet.
The joys of boys, peeing and motherhood.

Comments