Skip to main content

And then there was one...

It's 415AM. Its no surprise Im up and cant sleep because Im having surgery in less than a few hrs.
Thanks to the most amazing friends and family a girl can have, I spent the greater portion of yesterday evening crying..not so much fear but gratitude. Heartfelt gratitude that all my friends want to do is call me to offer me support, to help out if ever needed with the boys, to make me a dinner...they reiterate the fact that Dear Husband can call them no matter what. They offer to drive my boys to camp and therapies. They offer me hugs from across the miles bc they cant be close in person.
I'm anxious for today. Im more anxious to just get it over with and put this part of my life behind me. I want to start thinking of things again other than Breast Cancer. I want to start exercising more and eating healthier. I want to try to decompress more when I'm stressed and to read a good book more than just now and again.
My boys are anxious about Mommy going in for an operation. Jeremy asked me over and over at bedtime last night to wake him before I go. I wont bc I know it will only send me over the edge but its breaking my heart they have to see Mommy even in a hospital for something as serious as this even though they dont know its serious. Im thankful for that part.
I hear the footsteps on the stairs..my husband has come looking for me; clearly wondering why I am on the computer blogging at 434AM when I have surgery today. Its not a wonder to me. I need to communicate. To vent. To write..its my therapy.
So my friends, I am off and as they say..
I'll see you on the other side
minus one.

Comments