Skip to main content

Camp Tel Noar strikes again

I knew that my time at camp was spent wisely. I have mentioned the countless of friends I have made (and kept up with) and the camp really is a kind of brother/sisterhood type of place. You mention camp and people automatically feel a camaraderie weather you were there at the same time or not.
A few days ago I decided on a plastic surgeon for my reconstruction. Oddly enough..a fellow alum of Tel Noar. The odder part is my BFF's husband works with his brother in law..out of state in St Louis. Crazy small world. Everything comes full circle at some point in time.
I waited for our consult. I wanted to talk all day about camp but we talked primarily about my boobs (after all, that is why I went to see him) and chose him to be the guy I would entrust with making me look normal and even.
Surgery is in 3 weeks. I'm not really nervous. I'm ready to get on with it. Get this Cancer out of my body (it often freaks me out that I'm walking around with it in me) and am just honestly ready to move on with this phase. I feel confident I will be okay and try to remain optimistic (as previously noted, I'm really not a glass full kind of person so this is good for me) I do try to consider myself strong but honestly; a person can only take so much, right?
So I treat myself with pedicures, an upcoming scheduled massage (courtesy gift of my husband)and a bit more ice cream than maybe I should be having. Damn the stress hasn't caused me any weight loss yet but it's gotta catch up at some point!

Comments