Skip to main content

Fake Boobs

It amazed me as I sat in the plastic surgeons office yesterday (waiting for an hour to see her because I've never met a surgeon yet who runs on time) that there are so many types of fake boobs. There in front of me were three versions..an expander (some type of pocket that expands your skin over time hence making room for the implant later on) The saline (filled with ...well, of course, saline, which do people even use anymore?) and the silicone boob. My breast of choice. It felt most real to me and I wasn't sure I wanted saline floating around in my body.
60 minutes later DR comes in. I was warned that although she may be the "breast" woman for the job (no pun intended, I couldn't help myself) that she often does have personality conflicts with patients. Oddly enough she even admitted this. But there my Mother and I sat (babysitting conflict, Derek couldn't come as someone has to watch over the boys), yes, there we were, admiring DR Breasts shoes and although she came across...abruptly (no, more very self assured) we eased into the conversation about implants.She put me at ease saying I would be fine. I would look good.
Dr Breast didn't rush me out, she listened to my questions, drew diagrams for me, and chatted with my mother.
I meet with another surgeon next week for a second opinion. The Dr who I was so sure I would choose no matter what (due to semi knowing him from an earlier life of mine) but felt Dr Breast knew what she was talking about so we shall see after Tuesday which way I go.
For now though, looks like a fake boob is in my future for some time at the end of July.
Good news is it's summer and I have a full time unemployed recent graduate who is willing to do some hrs for me.
Thank goodness for the high in unemployment!!

Comments