Skip to main content

Back under the knife

It wasn't just 48 hours ago that I was hanging at a place called "The Skellar" and now it's Sunday night. I'm awaiting Desperate Housewives to come on, I can hear the tumble of the washing machine as I sit in my glasses straining to read the words that I type. My boys are sound asleep and at 8:15PM, I'm ready to join them...all of this reminding me that I'm actually 41..not the 21 year old I played this past weekend.

That being said, I am also reminded of the fact that in 5 days I go back under the knife to get HB (healthy boob. come on people, follow along!) fixed. By fixed I mean "lifted". By lifted I mean creating my sagging boob that screams "you gained 50lbs with each of your pregnancies" and are no longer looking perky so we need to LIFT you to match your NB.

I'm not nervous and am actually looking forward to putting this chapter of my life behind me... packing it away with 2009. Not my best year. But I am reminded that I am lucky to be amongst the survivors and lucky to get some nice looking boobs out of this whole thing.

So as my week begins so does my countdown to surgery. No drains this time and probably not much percocet needed (Damn!) and I certainly haven't needed the Ativan lately so all is good.
I'm good.
Thanks for asking..

Comments