Skip to main content

Up to Par

My child is academically "up to par"!
I'm beyond proud.

Oldest struggles with many developmental delays as you all know. He is repeating Kindergarten (as this was always in my plan.) He needs work on social skills amongst other things so it was really a no brainer for me to do this.
I just met briefly with his teachers this AM who told me that he is not only doing great but "academically up to par"! Say it with me....WOOHOO. I'm so proud of him. I always knew he was a bright kid but due to his inability to express it for so long, he was delayed in that area. I know, it's only October but it feels so great to know he is not drowning in there.

My four year old...lets just say I lost the control in the house. Or did I ever really have it? The kid still refuses to poop (i know, I need to stop talking about bowel movements so much but it is a natural conversation amongst mothers of toddlers and preschoolers) He is so fresh to the point of funny...sometimes I'm amazed at what comes out of his mouth that I'm not sure to scream or to burst out laughing? Yesterday he tantrumed in the middle of the library because he couldn't have his own library card like his big brother. When he turns five, I tell him, he can have one. Right away? He asks. Yes, right away. He doesn't believe me so needs to check this fact with the librarian who thankfully, reiterates. Still upset he throws the book on the floor and out we go..me trying hard to stay patient all the while grabbing his hand firmly out the door.
Today I allow him to watch Curious George after lunch. Special treat, I tell him. Happily he sits to watch, munching on his grapes yet shortly realizing he is now out of grapes. "Mommy, can I have more grapes?"
"of course. come bring your plate over to me"
No response. I knew he wasn't really happy with my request because after all, that would mean getting up during Curious George to do something. But, he obeys and comes into the kitchen.
"Mommy. Could you please bring them over to me when you are done putting them on my plate because I HAVE to finish watching what happens to George"

The kid is cute.He has amazing blue eyes and a winner smile. And he says please.
He goes back to the TV all the while I know thinking in his cute little head...

SUCKER!!

Yes, this is why I have no control. I admit it.
I'm a sucker....
But just sometimes.

Comments