Skip to main content

Members Only

I was reading an article in a magazine the other day and Jaclyn Smith was quoted about having Breast Cancer. She said something like; and I paraphrase, It's a club no one wants to join or belong to but once you do, you do everything you can to help out the new and existing members.
I'm tired of belonging to clubs. I'm in too many. Lifetime member.. And all by default.
The IVF club
Prematurity club
The loss of an infant club
The 'your child has a g-tube' club
Former member of the tracheostomy club
Mom to children of special needs club
Breast Cancer Club

and lets not forget Hadassah. A lifetime member thanks to my Mom. This entails me to get their monthly magazine and invites from the local "ladies" to participate in their once a year bingo nights.

I long for cooking clubs or even a good mah-jong but I simply do not have the time!

And speaking of clubs..I'm making my blog a members only site thanks to my Mother putting the fear of g-d into me. "Don't you mind all these people reading your personal feelings and experiences?" No, I say. I find writing cathartic. Besides, it's only people I know reading it. Right? Then I thought..hmm, maybe it's not. Maybe there are some loony bins out there (present company excluded)
So, if you re reading me..let me know. In about a week or so I'm going to make it private so I need to invite you in to join.
Keep reading..

and you too can become a lifetime member!

Comments