Skip to main content

I get so emotional baby...

I credit Whitney Houston for today's blog title.
I cant get the song out of my head. Maybe because it holds true to my personality.

I admit I'm a sap.
I cry easily.
Put on a James Taylor tune and you can expect me to shed a few tears.
Lifetime movies and almost all Nicholas Sparks books.
All end up the same...


I just re watched our wedding video with my two boys sitting next to me. Youngest wanted to know why Mommy was crying. I wasn't sure if he was referring to the image of Mommy on the video or the Mommy right next to him. Didn't matter really because it was the same result.

So when I recently made a video for our annual March for Babies fundraising plea, I found myself crying at the images on the screen. Even though I was the one who created it, I still found myself bawling at my desk. I watch the movie and often think "who's life is this? When did this become MY life?"

My husband and I will be celebrating ten years of marriage at the end of this year. I barely remember a time when it was just him and me. The past ten years have been filled with so much....
well,
so much emotion.

So I guess somewhere over the past ten years is when it became my life.
My emotional life though started long before.

I make no apologies for my wearing my heart on my sleeve.
It makes me who I am.

Comments