Skip to main content

Winter Vacation, Day 10

Dear God
Please make school start tomorrow. I realize it's only Saturday but I've had a migraine now for almost a week (no kidding) and I cant help but think this may be kid related. We will see come Monday. In the meantime, its 9AM on Saturday and I'm listening to my youngest child tell my husband that he is naughty because he told him he cant leave the house unless he poops. So much for success at IKEA.
He then threw his leapster across the room after husband told him clearly not to and he would lose it for a week if he did.
BAM. Thrown.
Oldest sits quietly; knowing better than to speak at moments like this.
Youngest is up in his room crying hysterically.
Did I mention my migraine? Day 8?
I've gained 2 lbs in the past 2 days so clearly headache has not effected my appetite. DAMNED. (Can I say damned when asking God for help?)
It's snowing. Which only reminds me how much I hate winter in spite of it looking beautiful out my window.
New Years Eve was so much fun. Had a few couples over with their kids (all boys) and amazingly everyone got along (the kids I mean. Parents I had no doubt would remain civil!) However the few hours of model-like behavior ended January 1st when boys were so tired from staying up past normal bed time that they whined for almost 12 hours straight.
Migraine only exacerbated.
935 and youngest is still whining.
Dear God make him stop. I beg of you.
Make this child poop in the potty before I stay in Puerto Rico for good.
Okay, there is a bright side. 13 days and counting till my saviors; known as my in laws, come for a few days and save my sanity.
You're right. Thank you God for granting me some serenity. Away from pooping issues. And eating issues (oldest; of course. Doing better but am thinking of more extreme measures like "Food camp" in Virginia or Baltimore for 2 wks. I kid you not. Food camp. Okay, I made up that term but there are such programs. Just not in Boston. Nothing like shelling out close to 10k for a place to teach your kid to eat. This is what my life has turned into)
Do I sound ungrateful God? I dont mean to. Really.
I know I'm blessed. Amazing husband, who, not to mention, wins the award also for great Father. Two boys, in spite my complaining, really are the loves of my life. They really do make me smile and laugh and make my heart ache with so much love for them. Home, health (well, you got me there for a while but I'm back so I'll add in the health part) etc...
but for now Dear God, make my kid stop whining.
And could you make Monday come any faster?

Thank you.
Abby Stern.
Mother extraordinaire who is battling, did I mention, day 8 of the migraine?

Comments

  1. Abby, I SWEAR I uttered a similar prayer this morning (and the past 8 mornings before it!) Aud keeps asking "When do I go back to school" and my standard answer, half under my breath is "Not soon enough!" Stay sane, and keep counting down to PR!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment