Skip to main content

This is the end of the world as we know it

I joked with BIL and SIL to be that this should be their wedding song.
Truth be told; I wasn't really joking.
I don't mean this in a bad way but it is true..your world is about to change.

Not so much the marriage thing. Sure you need to get used to sharing a kitchen, making way in the bathroom medicine cabinet and cohabitating but the kid thing, that's where your world becomes not your own anymore.

I used to be able to pack up a weekend bag and head away for a night.
One bag.
Going to my in laws the other day we packed 4 bags. It appeared as we were spending the week as opposed to one night.
Snacks, video games, books and crayons filled the "car bag". This sat in the backseat yet I needed to turn around every 15 minutes to grab something out of it for dear children.
Naturally both boys needed to bring their own backpack filled with two friends each along with the necessities.
On top of that I needed to bring the following:
1 nebulizer machine
2 albuterol puffs
1 epi pen
pull ups (because lets remember youngest doesn't poop in a toilet)
4 cans of formula for my tube dependent child
1 tube, extension and syringes so above mentioned child can gain weight
10 different snacks so that above mentioned child can have something to eat that, not only, doesn't contain eggs, but is something he will actually put into his mouth.
1 container of Silk Soy Vanilla Milk because youngest child wont drink regular milk
2 sound machines because dear children refuse to sleep in the same room and both need sound machines to fall asleep

If I was lucky, I remembered to pack for myself.

One night.

Now I realize I'm not the norm.
If I could only make my sons share a room, poop and eat my life may be made simpler.

But I ask myself often:
If this is really my life,
how did I get here?

Comments