Skip to main content

A crap day

Today sucked.
Not sucked like you have cancer but sucked like everything that could go wrong; went wrong.

That's the thing.
When you compare your normal shit day to "you've got cancer" bad day, you kinda think, hmm, maybe my day wasn't so bad.
But you also don't need to compare everything to you've got cancer.
Or at least I dont have cancer.
Or it could be worse, you could have cancer.

See where I'm going with this?
It's okay to have a bad day even though others have worse days.

So today was one of those days.
It started with being a 1/10 of an oz over on a package I was going to mail with one stamp.
It just went downhill from there.

My Mom has been in the hospital for a few various (nothing terribly serious) reasons and today she was getting sprung.
A leisurely ride into Mass General has never been said in the same sentence.
It's a hike and a half in there even at 11AM.
11AM. There is rush hour going into Boston at 11AM.
Didn't our fair city do a big dig to prevent a rush hour at 11AM?

Up I go after a 70 minute drive to free her.
Oh. You need to pick up a certain medication at this pharmacy vs the pharmacy we normally use.
Vs the pharmacy that fills her medication and delivers it to her.
I know this isn't correct.
I state my point.
She tells me this is what the DR ordered.
Down I go.
Of course the medication isn't ready.
I wait.
Next to someone coughing up a lung.
I am in a hospital I realize but yuck.

15 minutes later, medication in hand, off to pay the parking garage, off to pick up the car and wait for my Mother who should be waiting in said wheelchair in the lobby like the amazing nurse promised me.

I wait.
I get yelled at by the security patrol making sure no one stays live parking over 5 minutes.
They timed me.
I kid you not.
They made me drive around to start the next 5 minutes.
10 times.
No exaggeration.
I call up to the floor asking where my Mother may be.
"Oh. She is waiting for someone to bring her down.  We called for transport but you know, it doesn't mean they come right away. Sometimes it's up to an hour. Do you want to repark your car (for another $12.00 for 20 minutes) and bring her down yourself.
Security people motioning me to circle around.
No I do not. I want you to bring her down as I was told.
After I lose my cool, I get my way (sometimes the squeaky wheel thing really works) and we are on our way.

Except I'm chatting and not paying attention and take the wrong exit and end up in the Seaport District.
I've lived in MA my entire life and I'm terrible driving in Boston.
I put on GPS which isn't helpful with the Boston construction and I see DH's building.
I call him asking to help me find a highway.
Oh I see you . He tells me from his office.
This is fun and all but I really want to get home. It's 130 by now and I have yet to eat.
Mom takes her shoes off as if she knows we are in for a long haul.

We arrive.
Said medication I picked up and knew was wrong to pick up was just that.
Wrong to pick up.
Two calls to DR.
Three calls to Pharmacy.
One amazing call from Mom's living place that fixes it all.
I beam with excitement.
It's the little things after a crappy day of plumber not showing to fix my toilet that doesn't flush for the past 3 months.
Eww, okay, not that gross. It flushes but after 5 tries.

230PM I nourish my cranky ass self and realize that although the day sucked, it was only a day.
Tomorrow may be better.
Or maybe it will suck.

But just remember to stick a good day in there amongst the bad.
And remember that too many bad days are not healthy for the soul.

Summer is coming.
Ice cream cones in my opinion always make everything better.

Much love to you my village peeps.
Thanks for letting me vent to you!




Comments