Skip to main content

Summah is comin'

Summah is comin'!
I know this because I'm starting to bring out the list.

The packing camp list for youngest consists of many of the same basics that it did "back in the day".

Towels
Bathing suits
T-shirts
Flip flops to wear in showers because the showers are not like home.

But now times have changed.
Bath Mat.
A bath mat to put by their bed so that when they wake in the morning their feet don't touch the floor.
Must be blue.
Fuzzy was okay for the first year but now memory foam is the way to go apparently.

BATH MATS.
You know what I did when I woke up at camp?
Touched the floor.
This makes me laugh because the other 23 hours and 55 minutes of the day his feet are black from touching the floor, road, grass, dirt and pool.
But nope, needs the bath mat.

Gum.
You are not allowed to chew gum outside the bunk but regardless, he needs gum.
I get this.
A pack. Maybe two.
Or apparently- ten.

Every summer I also go out and buy color war paraphernalia.
I'm all into this and fully support.
I'm all about the camp spirit thing.

I bring on visiting day.
Because we do not know what team he is on I have to buy two of everything (yellow or green)
Last year I bought the wrong face paint in one of the colors.
I kid you not that we ran to 3 stores looking for the correct face paint.
For the team that he may or may not be on.
We could not find the correct face paint.
It wasn't pretty.
You know where I'm going with this right?
Yup. He wasn't on the team that we didn't have the correct face paint for.

Pre-addressed camp labels.
Because god forbid the kid write out an envelope.


Oldest is counting down the days until it's another summer of being the solo kid.
I'm counting down the days until the sun stays out and warms me up for longer than 4 days in a row.
Youngest is counting down the days until he gets to hang with his summer family for 7 weeks.

Whatever your summer plans may consist of- enjoy.
Bask in the sun, put the toes in the sand, read a good book, take a long walk, sleep late

just make sure you put the bath mat next to your bed


Comments