Skip to main content

Think and wonder. Wonder and think.

Oldest graduates middle school tomorrow.

"Back in the day" we didn't have a middle school graduation.
We didn't have a middle school so I guess if we did have such a thing it would've been a "junior high graduation".

Now everyone has graduations.

Pre school graduation (which clearly is the cutest of all graduations), Kindergarten, Middle School..
Everything is a celebration.
Everything is about certificates and photo ops.

Now dont get me wrong.
I will definitely be shedding a tear tomorrow as my graduate goes across a stage to get said certificate.
I will for sure be quoting some Dr Seuss quote along side his handsome picture on social media followed by a dinner out of his choice  (the kid eats two food groups. Pasta and processed meats so dinner will be probably at the 5 star italian bistro with the never ending breadsticks)

Youngest will complain he doesn't want to go there but don't worry folks.

Two days later will be his turn for the "last supper",
Yes.
The "Final meal" before he leaves for 7 weeks of summer camp.
This child eats 3 food groups. Fried. Carbs and Ice Cream so we will be dining at chez pizzeria that serves his favorite wings (non friend actually so maybe there are 4 food groups)

I speak fluent sarcasm but in truth, I love doing it all.
Reason to celebrate my kid?
I'm all for it.
Quality time without possible eye rolling?
Sign me up.


My last day of junior high was spent I'm sure on a bus ride home counting down days til camp began.
I'm almost positive I did not receive any diploma of such and for sure we didn't celebrate with breadsticks.
Final meal pre- camp?
More like post- camp.
We all met at the local chinese restaurant because 8 weeks away at a kosher jewish camp without spare ribs was apparently torture back in the day.

Now it's all about the bacon.

I digress.
It's a big day in our house.
High school is a huge step  (for him and the worrier mother)

but that DR guy knows what he's talking about

you have brains in your head
you have feet in your shoes
you can steer yourself 
any direction you choose






Comments