Skip to main content

Stop and listen

Another suicide today of well known chef, Anthony Bourdain.
This of course follows on the heels of Kate Spade.
This of course follows on the heels of a report of over 30,000 suicides a year.
A
Year.
We talk about cancer.
You have cancer it’s ok to get treatment.
A matter of fact, it’s almost expected.
Of course you should help yourself.
You need help.
You have a mental illness.
You should seek treatment.
Of course you should help yourself.
You need help.
It’s as simple as that.
I’ll tell you that I have mild anxiety.
I get help for it.
It makes me a healthier person.
I’m not ashamed I need help.
Let’s start conversations
With our kids
With our friends
Let’s talk - really talk-
Have a good cry with the person you trust
Reach out
Did you know- and I promise you this is the truth
Reaching out for help...
Doesn’t make you weak
It makes you pretty freakin strong
One of my favorite quotes was reminded to me the other day (and I’m working on this as I’m a classic interrupter) (one who means well)
“Most of us don’t listen with the intent to understand, we listen with the intent to reply.”
Let’s start listening

Comments