Skip to main content

Day 3 Winter Break

In car on way to Disney on Ice
10:03AM
"Mommy. What time does the show start? 11? It's 10:03. How much longer till the show starts?:
10:05
"Mommy. When will we be in Boston? Will the show be dark when we get there? Will it start without us?"
10:07
"What kind of characters will be at the show? Will Mickey be there for SURE? Who else will be there? Daddy is this Boston? I see tall buildings. Why is it grey outside and I cant see all the buildings?"
10:10
"It's 10:10" my oldest announces. Trying to get a word in.
"Daddy? Is that your building? The one with the lines on it? Is that yours?"
Daddy says yes to quiet the kid up
"That is NOT your building. I dont see windows on it like your building has. That is NOT yours!"
10:25
"Will there be a lot of people there? Are we there now? Is that it? What are all these people doing? Why do you need to get a ticket to park the car?"
10:40
"I want popcorn. I want to get it now before the show starts so we dont miss anything. And lemonade. Do they have lemonade? What's that? Why are they selling books? What's expensive mean? What's a souvenir mean? I can have one souvenir? I want the Mickey hat. No I want the noculars like (Oldest) has. Yes, I'm sure I want the noculars. And can I still have popcorn? Why's it expensive? Why does the cotton candy come with a crown? WAIT! I WANT COTTON CANDY! And I will NOT share my crown with Oldest. He can get something else. I dont care if he doesn't eat cotton candy. It's MY crown, right Mommy? Mommy, right?"
10:55
"Is the show starting in 5 minutes? (Oldest) the show is starting in 5 minutes. Daddy..DADDY! The show is starting in 5 minutes. Watch. The lights are going to go out soon, right Mommy? Why's the Zamboni on the ice? Why is it stuck on the ice? When will Mickey be here?
11:03AM
Look. Mickey and Minnie. And Donald. And that's Chip and Dale. Did you know that Mommy? And look at Goofy? Why are they skating away? Who's that person? What's Alladin? What's a genie?
11:15
"Who's Belle? Why is that person a beast? Why is Nemo lost?"
FOR THE NEXT 120 MINUTES
"Those sharks are scary. Will they come up here? How do you know they wont come up here? They are mean sharks aren't they Mommy? Who's Milan? Who's Arielle? What's a Mermaid? Why is that fairy flying? What's a fairy princess? When will Mickey come back on? Why are the Incredibles wearing red funny costumes? Why is there snow coming from the ceiling? Why isn't Pluto here? Is he somewhere with Daisy? How did Donald know how to drive the Zamboni? Who's Snow White? What are dwarfs? Why is one called Dopey? Why does Nocchio's nose grown long if he lies? Will my nose grow if I lie?"

"No." I say ever so patiently to my 4 year old, love of my life child.
"Your nose will grow if you don't stop talking"

Comments